Thursday 18 November 2010

Preliminary Task

Front Page
To help me with my training I did a preliminary task on a magazine for St Marys College. To do this I took a picture of my friend and cropped round the image in photoshop. I then placed the image into indesign and inserted a barcode, title, three sub headings and an advert for a competition. I also used bright colours to make my magazine stand out and used them appropriately for my teenage target audience. I think my front cover follows the conventions of a normal magazine but next time I would insert more images into my magazine cover because from my questionnaire I found images are one of the sectors which capture the readers attention as well as interviews. I would also use a better colour scheme and better fonts as I think the ones I have used are boring and fonts can often be the main feature which catches a readers attention. 

Contents Page
To develop my preliminary task I drew out a contents page which included a magazine title, contents of what each page of the magazine will include and pictures down each side relevent to the contents of my magazine. When I create my real contents page there will be images which stand out using bright colours and they will be statement images such as an album cover like Rihanna's ''Rehab'' as it stands out through colour and the type of font however it is still a simple design.

No comments:

Post a Comment