Thursday 25 November 2010

Music Charts Research



  1. Whip My Hair
    Willow
    Whip My Hair
  2. The Time (Dirty Bit)
    The Black Eyed Peas
  3. Your Song
    Ellie Goulding
  4. Only Girl (In the World)
    Rihanna
  5. Like a G6 (feat. The Cataracs & Dev)
    Far East Movement
  6. Who's That Chick? (feat. Rihanna)
    David Guetta & Rihanna
  7. Poison
    Nicole Scherzinger
  8. What's My Name?
    Rihanna & Drake
  9. Thinking of Me
    Olly Murs
  10. Christmas Lights
    Coldplay
Willow Smith is currently number one in the ITunes UK top 10  with the Black Eyed peas following with a remix of the Dirty Dancing song The Time, these appeal to both male and females of different ages however fit into my genre and target audience for my magazine. This helps with my research as it shows my target audience and genre choice fits into the media at the moment. The X Factor finalists are currently number one in the Radio One Uk top 40 which tells me programmes such as the X Factor are very popular and appeal to the public too. JLS are currently at the number three spot in Radio 1's UK top 40 charts and are a british pop band which came second in X Factor 2009. They appeal mainly to teenage girls which makes them appropriate research for my music magazine.
There are also other music artists in the top 10 which appeal to my target audience such as Rihanna, Katy Perry and Ellie Goulding which I will research to find out their style to adjust their images to apply it to my magazine in a unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment